Main Forum

Guide [Image Heavy]Guide to making the new Tinker's Construct items.

5 replies
I've noticed some confusion on how to make the new items from Tinker's Construct so I've made a small guide.

First start with a Blank Pattern:
BlankPattern.png
Place the Blank Pattern in the Stencil Table. Use the next button to find the new part you want. I've used the Tough Tool Rod as my example.
ToughToolRodPattern.png
Next place the new pattern in the Part Builder. Note that the new parts have a higher material cost than the older items. Meaning you'll need to use more wood/stone/iron/etc. to make them. The Tough Tool Rod for example has a material cost of 3.
MaterialCost.png
After making sure you have the correct number of materials in place for the items material cost you can take your new part.
WoodToughToolRod.png
NOTE: The only parts from the new items this does not apply to are the Bow String and Fletching. These can be made with the normal Part Builder table as they do not use metal. String for the Bow String and Fethers for the Fletching. (I'm not sure about the "slime" fletching)
Now you need to go to your smeltry and right click to place the item you just made in the Casting Table.
CastingTable.png
ToughToolRodinCastingTable.png
Now you need to make sure you have gold in your smeltry.
GoldinSmeltry.png
You can now pour the gold into the casting table with the part still in place.
PourGoldontoToolRodinTable.png
You can now remove the part and new cast from the table. To make the new part you just put the cast into the table and pour whatever metal you want to make it from into it.
Pourothermetalinpattern.png
Hopefully you've done this for each of the parts you need for the new items. The last new item you're going to need is the new Tool Forge.
ToolForge.png
When you interact with this new table it will look similar to the regular Tool Station but will have icons for each of the new items.
ToolForgeGUI.png

Hopefully this has made the process clear to everyone. Feel free to post any questions but know that I'm figuring this out as I go so may not have all of the answers.
Posted Jul 21, 13 · OP · Last edited Feb 4, 14
+7  votes
 votes

0 Down Voted

19 posts
+3 votes
Thanks a ton for making this guide, Gorehid! Although I knew most of this already, I'm sure other players will find this incredibly useful!

:sick:
Posted Jul 22, 13
0  votes
Queen_Anita Banned
567 posts
+218 votes
Great guide thank you might actually help me in the future! :sick:
enjin-852235-Queen_Anita-blue.png
Posted Aug 12, 13
0  votes
XGray_FoxX Legendary
59 posts
+2 votes
Test
Posted Aug 12, 13
0  votes
18 posts
0 votes
Great guide this is better than anything Google can find me.
Posted Aug 13, 13
+1  votes
 votes

0 Down Voted

3 posts
0 votes
So you can only have gold in the smeltery to make cast?
Posted Sep 24, 13
0  votes
252 Posts
243 Posts
icyfire1 Game Mod
190 Posts
170 Posts
158 Posts
Announcement of